Thursday

Yarn, Books, A Shawl, and Homemade Mounds

I started a blanket this week..nothing fancy as you can see - simple, single stitch. I'm kind of still learning. I began quite a while ago, but hardly had the time... My online friend Katie is starting a yarn along this weekend on her fb page. Looking forward to the inspiration. Do you crochet or knit?

I began reading Kisses from Katie last week, too. Incredibly beautiful beginning so far. She makes my heart smile. I definitely want to share more about this one.

An Everlasting Meal has pleasantly surprised me. I cannot believe I actually love a cookbook that does not have pictures - but I do. Whenever I'm in a bit of a cooking dry spell I bring it out and glean inspiration from sweet, gentle Tamar - or at least that is how she comes across in her book. "I like to serve food family style. It's pleasurable to spoon a potato onto a fellow diner's plate. It binds you to her, for the duration of the dinner at least, in a way that makes conversation easy and the atmosphere good. You, of course, are not I, and it must be from someplace in you, not this book, that you serve. If you like symmetry, you must line things up. If you feel satisfied composing plates away from your table, do it happily, for it will be genuine and full of what is yours to offer. Only remember what is plainly and always true: the act of serving fulfills itself. It doesn't matter what you serve."

Are you reading something right now?
I bought this amazingly feminine, delicate shawl a few weeks ago..it's such a beautiful light-weight fabric; I absolutely love it... I wear it mostly as a prayer shawl, though I don't always have it on when I pray. When I do, I feel enclosed with my Beloved...though He envelops us always. Do you wear a prayer shawl? 

And these. I adapted this recipe from an article on the minbodygreen website (I believe) though I cannot for the life of me find the article to link to. It took me once to make and remember the recipe for I made them about 5 times in one week. Ahem.

Ingredients:
3 tbsp coconut oil
3 tbsp maple syrup
1 c coconut flakes
1 c chocolate chips (real, non dairy- I use Enjoy Life)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
sea salt (optional)

Method:
Mix oil, syrup, coconut, and vanilla until well blended. Form bite sized pieces (you can pop in freezer to harden while melting chocolate - it would help the next step) Melt chocolate in a double boiler (though I usually melt it right in my heavy bottom sauce pan) then dunk balls to coat. Place on platter lined with wax paper. If sprinkling with sea salt do so now while chocolate is still warm. Refrigerate for at least an hour (though I do like to bring them back to room temperature to eat them.) But omgoodness they are so incredibly, stupendously, delicious that I can eat them how.e.ver. And I love the addition of the sea salt. Oh my. And be sure to position salty side down when you pop in your mouth to delight your taste buds! Do you like coconut and chocolate?
They're nice for date night at home...and also for children who need extra fat, like my six year old who is tenderly smaller and as precious as can be.
love, tanya xo

sharing @ Small Things

No comments:

Post a Comment