Friday

Egg Frittata, My New Favorite Veggie, Healing, and Lemon Balm Tea

There's so much beauty all around me lately that I feel so full. A bit blah from living in my kitchen round the clock, but I feel so content.

I do need to work on freezer meals though. Seriously, when you're making all meals from scratch, something has GOT to give. Though I utilize the simplicity of lots of raw meals.

Egg frittatas are my favorite lately.  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees...I brown some cut up turkey bacon until crisp and set aside. Add butter and 1/2 small onion (chopped up.) Saute about 4 minutes then add a chopped up clove of garlic; saute for another minute. Add six beat eggs to the pan (6" cast iron.) Salt and pepper to taste. Cook for a minute or two until the egg is beginning to cook - then taking a wooden spoon I scrape from the outside edges of the pan toward the middle. Then I add the bacon, shredded, sharp cheddar cheese (about a handful and I use raw, organic cheese) and some parsley, green peppers or whatever veggie or herb I have on hand, and mix in. Cook in the pre-heated oven for 15 minutes. I enjoy this best with some perfectly ripe avocado drizzled with olive oil and sea salt. Yum. It's such a good start to the day.

My new favorite veggie is brussel sprouts. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. I cut off the bottom and slice the vegetable in the middle. Wash, dry and drizzle with olive oil and sea salt. (I was liberal with the salt.) Roast for about 35 minutes, turning often. I squeezed some fresh lemon juice on them when I took them out.  Do you see those dark, charcoal pieces? My favorite! They are so good, all my girls love 'em. Yay.
I've had to up my veggie intake since getting sick. Why didn't I eat more veggies any way? I'm still healing from Candida overgrowth - something I need to talk more about as I believe that practically everyone I know has it and doesn't even know. Its effects show up as auto-immune diseases and illnesses such as fibromyalgia, hypo-thryroidism, asthma, arthritis, vaginal infections, dandruff, eczema, psoriasis, chronic fatigue, anxiety, depression, ADD, ADHD, Irritable Bowel Syndrome; literally - the list goes on and on.  Did you know that 75-80% of our immune system is in our guts? Heal your gut - heal your whole body. This time of healing and learning is really a much needed journey in good health. When I say it's a journey, I'm not lying. It's a trek in the woods. But I do believe I'm reaching a refreshing coast soon...Lord willing. Above I said that I'm content with all of the beauty around me, but I left the ugly unsaid. There is so pain and suffering all around me also..and I pray and try my best to bring comfort. But the Lord is a balm to the weary soul. Peace does not elude us.

For the lemon balm tea: I took three cups of water and mixed it with one cup dried lemon balm. I let it sit for a few days in the fridge (I actually forgot about it for three days the first time I made it!) After straining the herb from the liquid I added about 1/4 cup of maple syrup. It was quite delicious. Lemon balm is an excellent herb for a positive emotional boost. Women have sang its praises believing that it cures postpartum blues.

Tea time is a special time for us. We gather and reconnect with one another. I love having my girls and I try to always gather them to me throughout the day so that I can cuddle them, and listen to them and pour truths into them. We read our Bible and chat about many, many things. They are beyond their years these young precious ones!
I know who gave me each of these dried flowers. They're a reminder of how much I'm loved. I was given them with eyes twinkling at the joy they would bring me....
Blessings for lots of peace, joy and love xo

No comments:

Post a Comment