Sunday

Chasteberry Tincture {For Menstrual Regulation & Fertility}

I have had hormone issues for as long as I can remember. This is one of the things that works to help regulate me: my cycle and my PMS Symptoms. It may also boost fertility.

What you need:

Vitex Berries
Clean, Dry Jar
80 to 100 proof alcohol (I used Brandy)
Funnel
Cheesecloth or old t-shirt

Note: When this tincture is added to a tea the alcohol will evaporate and all that will remain will be the constituents of the herb. This can also be done with glycerin or vinegar.
Method:

You don't have to, but I like to ground up my herbs a bit before adding them to my jar.

Fill Jar half way with your herb; add alcohol to the top of the jar. Stir and then shake, completely drenching the berries with the liquid. Place in a cool, dark place for 6 to 8 weeks, giving it a good shake  daily.
Using a cheesecloth or old t-shirt strain into a dark, glass bottle and label with the following information: Species used, Latin name (good practice if you'd like to begin remembering the Latin names,) strength of solvent, and date. Store in a cool, dry place. If stored properly it should keep for many years.
For more info go here.

***** I am not a medical professional, just a woman who loves to do research and use herbs. Please do your own research. 

No comments:

Post a Comment