Monday

Herbal Remedies for Pneumonia, Asthma, & Bronchitis

Asthma has to be one of the scariest childhood diseases. Couple it with pneumonia, and you can imagine the terrifying emergency trips to the hospital that our family has had to make.

First off, for our preemie baby girl (now age 5) I have noticed that a wet head can cause her to catch pneumonia. During the winter months I have to wash her hair during the daytime, followed by dressing her very warm, socks and all.  Any drafts she catches to her wet head can throw her into severe respiratory distress.

In her case I'm advised to steadily have her on a steroid, as a preventative. I wouldn't want to risk my baby's health for anything in the world, and that's why I personally sought out alternative, natural medicines to treat her respiratory issues.

Enter the above four natural remedies. They work so amazingly and powerfully well! I give her the oregano oil internally and externally. I open a capsule and rub it on her chest/lung area, you first have to test a patch of skin for possible allergic reactions and/or burning sensations. For the garlic, I make an oil by infusing some oil with it, then also rub on chest/lung area; alternating between using the oregano and garlic oils. I also cook with as much garlic as possible. The ginger I simply peel, chop and steep in some water for making a tea, I sweeten with raw, local honey. This particular elderflower already comes in a tea bag, which I only bought because I paid less than $2 at a store that is Amazon's dump site. Do you have one of those around you? It's worth finding out! I find amazing deals on things I already buy at crazy low prices...organic, unrefined coconut oil for $3, simply organic spices $2/$3 a jar, Jason toothpaste $2. The list goes on, I love that place!

With these remedies I have been able to avoid antibiotics, hospital, and doctors visits. I am beyond grateful for natural medicine! Oh, how could I forget. I've had to edit to add turmeric to the list. Not pictured above but probably the star of the show...

This post wouldn't be complete without touching on the ever so important factor of food. I try to feed my girl as much raw food while she is sick, and in general. Lots of fresh fruit and veggies, and only home-cooked meals. It makes a difference!

Do you treat any illnesses at home? Please share your experiences and remedies!

No comments:

Post a Comment